London North, UK - We are looking for a new member of staff to join our small team at the Architectural Forum.
The position available is for a showroom assistant to work between our two Islington showrooms which house our wonderful collection of antique, vintage and reclaimed items.
The position is part-time with the possibility of leading to full-time. The role involves a diverse range of responsibilities as the candidate will be expected to run both the showroom and the website. We are looking for someone to start before the end of September.
Role to include:
- Dealing with customer enquiries in the showroom, on the phone and via email in a helpful and professional manner
- Managing the website and keeping the stock list up to date
- Researching the provenance and design of recent acquisitions
- Photographing new stock and listing on the website
- Writing engaging and informative descriptions of the items on the website
- Social media including Twitter, Facebook, Google+ & Pinterest
- Maintaining the showroom including general hoovering and dusting
- Visual merchandising and creating exciting displays
- Packing delicate items for delivery
The ideal candidate will:
- Be articulate, speak good English and write clearly with correct grammar & spelling
- Be consistently punctual and reliable
- Be self motivating and able to use their initiative
- Be organised and thorough, with attention to detail
- Have experience serving customers in a helpful and friendly manner
- Have an understanding of SEO
- Have good photography skills and ideally a knowledge of Photoshop
- Be happy to work weekends
To start, the position is 3-4 days a week, 9am to 5pm.
If you'd like to apply, please email us your CV along with a short statement describing why you would suit the role. We look forward to hearing from you!